Friday, August 13, 2010

Watching the sun go down...

I am so glad I was able to spend a week volunteering at Little Sable Lighthouse.
Even though the days were hot and long, it was a very rewarding and fun experience!
And though we spent all day at the tower, every evening my fellow keepers and I would head back to the beach to watch the sunset.
I loved hustling up the sand to find the perfect vantage point from which to watch dusk set in.
I also loved feeling the wind blow over the lake and the way it whistled through the dunes.
I loved watching the sky as it started to darken...
And I loved taking in the beautiful colors along the horizon.
I liked sitting for what seemed like eternity (but was actually a few minutes)...
Appreciating what can be so easily taken for granted...
The brilliance of nature!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend- thank you for visiting!