As you know by now, I
love baking treats- I especially enjoy bringing cookies and cakes to my friends, family, co-workers and students! However my newest co-worker is gluten free... so over the weekend I decided to attempt a dessert just for her!

After a bit of online research, I adapted this recipe to what was available in my local grocery store.

For example, I was supposed to use almond flour- which I couldn't find anywhere at my neighborhood bodega! So I bought some sliced almonds and ground them in my mini- food processor... and voila- almond flour (of sorts)!

Then I weighed some chocolate chips (I supposed I could have just measured them, but I'll take any excuse to use my kitchen gadgets)...

Before melting them in my double boiler! (Isn't it the coolest double boiler? The ridges on the pan allow it to sit securely in several different sized pans... so handy!)

While the chocolate melted, I turned my attention to the rest of the batter. I cracked the eggs into a mixing bowl...

Added some sugar and turned the mixer on high.

While my KitchenAid worked hard, I stirred some butter into my melting chocolate.

When the egg/sugar mixture was frothy...

I added the chocolate/butter mixture...

And "almond flour"!

Once everything was combined, I put the batter into the fridge for a few hours.

Once it had set a bit, it was time to get to work.

Using the batter scoop, I created uniform balls of dough. After rolling them in my palms, I covered them in sugar...

Before placing them on a parchment lined baking sheet.

And after a bit of time in a 325 degree oven, I had these lovely little cookies- I can't wait to take them to work!

Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
8 ounces, weight Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
4 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
2 whole Eggs
⅓ cups Granulated Sugar, Plus For Rolling
¾ cups Finely Ground Almonds Or Almond Flour
Directions:
Melt chocolate in a double boiler before stirring butter into the chocolate. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add sugar. Continue beating until egg mixture is light/frothy. Gently stir into the chocolate-butter mixture. Add ground almonds, combining well, but gently. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours (at least).Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Form dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on lined baking sheets, baking for 8-16 minutes.

Thank you for stopping by- I hope you had a wonderful weekend!