Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Perfect pomodori
As I'm sure you know, this the perfect time of year to chow down on tomatoes.
So the other day, after picking up a bunch of ruby reds at my local green grocer, I turned to some kitchen staples to whip up a yummy little lunch.
I started by slicing the tomatoes pretty thick...
Before slathering them with pesto (I used the homemade stuff from my freezer).
Once all the slices were coated and placed in my pretty polish pottery dish...
I sprinkled a generous portion of mozzarella cheese over the top.
To add a bit more flavor I also poured a dash of olive oil...
And balsamic vinaigrette as well!
What a pretty little dish, right? And it's so quick- less than 3 minutes from start to finish!
Oh- and did I mention that it's delicious?
But I didn't stop there. I had a leftover bit of baguette laying about, so I sliced it...
And filled it with my pesto/tomato salad (I even poured a little of the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette onto the bread).
I borrowed a page from Martha (Stewart) and wrapped my sandwich in a bit of parchment- it was the perfect way to keep the baguette together...
While I chowed down!
Thank you for visiting- I hope you have a great Wednesday!

