I had the
most amazing summer- but I hardly spent any time in the kitchen! So this weekend I took some time to try a few new recipes... including this one for
Blueberry and Raspberry Pound Cake.

I chose this recipe for 2 reasons: it called for seasonal fruit and a food processor- both two things I just happened to have! So I gathered up the ingredients and got to work.

I started by mixing the dry goods in a bowl...

Before moving over to the Cuisinart.

I blended the eggs and sugar for a minute...

Before adding the butter...

And almond extract...

And dry goods, blending until combined.

Then I turned my attention back to the fruit. After washing (and drying) the berries I coated them in a bit of flour...

Before adding them to the batter!

Once I'd folded the berries in, I prepared the bundt pan (using
my favorite product).

I also smoothed the batter in the pan before I placed it in the oven- this helps to ensure that the cake is flat on the bottom and sits better on my pretty cake plates!

Just over an hour later, I pulled this lovely little cake from the oven.

Isn't it beautiful with all the berries showing through the top?

And not only is is pretty...

But it tastes wonderful, too- light and sweet!
Blueberry and Raspberry Pound CakeIngredients:
2 cups plus 8 tbsp. cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
5 large eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
2.5 sticks unsalted butter, cubed and room temperature
1 tbsp. almond extract
1 tbsp. water
1 cup blueberries (rinsed and dried)
1 cup raspberries (rinsed and dried)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees, and butter/flour a 9-10 cup bundt pan. In a bowl whisk together 2 cups plus 6 tbsp. flour, baking powder, and salt. Using food processor blend sugar and eggs for about 1 minute. Add the butter, almond and water before blending for another minute. Add dry ingredients and pulse until just combined. In separate bowl coat berries with remaining 2 tbsp. flour. Pour batter over berries and gently fold using rubber spatula. Pour batter into bundt pan, and bake for 60-75 minutes (or until straw inserted into cake center comes out clean). After removing from oven cool on rack for 5 minutes. Flip onto plate and let cool at least 20 minutes before slicing.

The rest of my office staff will return from their summer vacations today, so I wanted to bring them this cake as a special treat... but I didn't feel like schlepping the whole thing across town and on the subways! So I decided to package up individual slices at home, since those will be a whole lot easier to transport. I wrote out some simple labels...

And placed the cake slices into waxed bags.

I think this will be a great way to welcome back my co-workers... I can't wait to pass these out later in the morning!

Thank you for visiting- I hope you had a great weekend!