Thursday, December 24, 2009
Rockin' around the Rockefeller Tree
One of the last things on my "holiday to-do list" this season involved visiting a very iconic destination.
So after dinner the the other night...
We made our way through Times Square.
Have you guessed where we were headed? Maybe my "Liz Lemon" moment below will give you a hint:
That's right- we were headed to see the tree at Rockefeller Center!
It is one monstrous tree, lit by thousands of LED lights. The tree sits right outside 30 Rock... but I didn't see anyone from TGS outside! ;)
And right in front of the tree is the famous ice skating rink.
Here's a view of Rockefeller Center from 5th Avenue.
Do these look familiar?
They scream Home Alone II to me... what about you?
And while we were over on 5th Avenue, we caught the show at Saks. These giant snowflakes are programmed to light up in conjunction with Carol of the Bells, which is played every hour. I love watching it!
And as we made our way uptown, we stopped by 1251 Sixth Avenue to check out the holiday installation in the fountain.
I kind of love this fountain. I think I have taken a picture of it every December since I moved here... even though it's always the same!
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve- thank you for stopping by!

