Thursday, December 17, 2009

Miracle on 34th Street

Last night, I headed down to Herald Square to do a little holiday shopping.
Are you familiar with the area? It's a few blocks away from the Empire State building, and is home to one of the most famous stores in the city...
Need a hint?
It's Macy's!
There are two sets of holiday windows at Macy's- each Christmas one set depicts the story of "Miracle on 34th Street", while the other set is new each and every year. Today, I thought I'd show you the traditional set of windows.
The windows begin in Herald Square, outside of Macy's.
The second window shows the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, with Susan and her mother watching out their window.
Here you can see Kris Kringle on Santa's float, while a marching band plays on.
See Susan in the back, gazing out over the parade?
In the next window, the news is all about Macy's new Santa.
Here you can see a child tugging at Kris Kringle's beard, just more proof that he's the real thing.
The last window depicts the courtroom, when the judge is bombarded with letters addressed to Santa Claus...
Which means Kris Kringle is finally acquitted of all the charges against him, and Christmas is saved!
Thanks for checking out the windows with me- sorry about all the reflections from Foot Locker and the like! Check back tomorrow to see pictures of Macy's other set of windows! I hope you have a great day- thanks for stopping by!!