Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Market time at the Circle
It's no secret that I love Columbus Circle.
But I love it even more in December, when the Holiday Market sets up shop!
Have you ever visited the market? It's an open air shopping experience that sets up in Columbus Circle and Union Square every December.
The vendors sell a range of items, from ornaments...
To jewelry...
To spices and tea!
It never ceases to amaze me how fancy the stalls can be. For example, check out the chandelier in this one!
My favorite thing to shop for at the market are winter hats... there are so many different kinds of knitted caps!
Plus, isn't it cool to shop under the skyscrapers?
Remember how I said the vendors sell a myriad of products? Let me show you some of the funnier ones! Here's the Pillow Pets stall. They sell pillows... shaped like animals!
Prima Dog sells items specially made for pocket puppies. (You know- the tiny little dogs that fit in your purse!) Everything there was so tiny!
This stall cracked me up- all they had were novelty socks!
But the best was definitely the puppet vendor! Doesn't it make you want to join the cast of Avenue Q?
So there you have it- the Holiday Market at Columbus Circle!
I hope your holidays preparations are going well- thank you for stopping by!!

