Thursday, December 10, 2009
Decorations on Ditmars
With the holidays drawing near, my neighborhood has started putting up decorations.
There are lit garlands along the main streets and under the subway- its so nice!
The florist has switched from fresh flowers...
To mini Christmas trees...
And really expensive baskets of pine cones and pine boughs!
On the main corner of my neighborhood, a Christmas tree stand has been set up.
There are really tall trees...
And shorter options, with a hint of "Charlie Brown" charm.
And people buy trees all the time- from first thing in the morning, to late at night (as you'll see below).
Look- more garland!
Even my grocery store got in on the decorating action! (And while I hate to complain, those blow-up figures take up a lot of sidewalk space!)
Unfortunately, the folks on my street haven't gotten into the holiday spirit quite yet... there's definitely a lack of lights on my block!
But as I walked home, I noticed one of my neighbors had really gone all out!
Now that's what I call festive!
Which makes me all the more embarrassed to come home...
Yes- that's my front door... are you shocked and appalled?
I promise I'll get my rear in gear, and I'll have my apartment outfit for the CORRECT holiday very soon! I hope you're having a great Thursday!
Labels:
Astoria neighborhood,
christmas,
December,
decorations,
Ditmars,
Steinway Street

