Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fun with the Family

This weekend, my family got together to celebrate Christmas in Midland, with my dad's side of the family.
We had a delicious spread for lunch, dinner and dessert. My cousin made these gorgeous- and YUMMY- cookies!
I love this picture of my brother and Grandpa!
My Aunt TMV is so great at capturing important moments!
Here are a couple of my cousins.
We decided to play a game of Taboo as a family- boys against the girls. It was a blast, even if the the two teams tied in the end.
But before long, it was time to open the presents.
We all received some wonderful presents!
I love this picture- no matter how silly it may be!
This little bib is for my cousin's baby, who'll be joining our family in a month or so.
My brother was helping my Grandpa model his new cardigan.
How about this "beautiful" angel? Every year my Aunt gives me a new holiday "treasure". This one is particularly "special", even though she's slightly green and has no legs. I love getting these- even though displaying them often requires a lot of explanation!
My cousin's girlfriend got a really sweet little teapot..
And my mom made my cousin some "Hooter Hiders". (Yeah- I cringed as I typed that.) They're these cute little smocks that allow you to breastfeed in public! Isn't that fabric cute?
Of the many traditions in our family, one of my favorites is the giving of Legos. Every year my mom gives all the boys some Legos- she's been doing it as long as I can remember. And every year, the boys race to try and put their presents together first... it's a hoot!
We had so much fun taking pictures- here's one of my brother and I!
We had such a wonderful holiday celebration with the family!
Oh- and can I share one more picture with you? Here's my brother and Grandpa- I just couldn't resist!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you're having a great day!