Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A steeping machine

It was a chilly, rainy day here in NYC. As I made my way home, all I could think about was enjoying a nice mug of tea when I got there. Lucky for me, I have the best appliance.
It's true- I have a tea maker. I don't drink coffee, but I'm pretty sure this machine works just like a coffee maker. You just fill the back with water, add the loose tea, and flip the switch.
But it gets even better than that- you can adjust the strength of the tea. Isn't that clever?
As for the tea, I have quite the cache. (Please ignore that errant paint brush- this is where I keep sponge brushes between craft projects, of course.)
But my favorite teas are Rooibos teas. I usually buy them in tea stores, and I end up keeping the different flavors in whatever jars I have on hand.
Like this one. Despite the writing on the lid, it's not pickled beets.
It's actually Bourbon Street Vanilla Rooibos from The Tea Store. See all the tasty little petals and other dried yummies that make this such a delicious tea?
I can't tell you how wonderful this tastes on a chilly evening.
And just for the record, I had a HECK of a time pouring while shooting. Apparently I didn't play with my Gameboy enough as a child, because my hand/eye coordination is embarrassingly bad. But since you can't see all the spills and drips, let's just pretend they didn't happen. Thanks for stopping by my blog- I hope you have a great day!