Thursday, September 24, 2009
Bring on the broccoli
Last night, SFS offered to make me dinner. I'm not a fool- I accepted in a heartbeat! Here's what "we" started with.
I say "we" because although I was his sous chef, my contribution was minimal. First, he chopped up half an onion.
While SFS chopped, I picked some basil from my garden.
Look how happy he looks when he's cooking! Also, look how minuscule my oven is... isn't it precious?
After that photo break, SFS got to smashing garlic.
Then he chopped it and added it to the pot...
While I focused on other, equally important components of the meal.
But back to the food. Don't the stalks of broccoli look like little soldiers?
Once the sauce was finished, it was time to layer...
Except SFS quickly realized that my casserole dish wouldn't hold all the broccoli. So, plan B:
After the broccoli, another layer of sauce...
Then pecorrino romano...
And finally some mozzarella!
Have you ever seen something look this delicious?
After 20ish minutes in the oven, this heavenly dish was finished.
Paired with pesto pasta, some Italian bread, and a bottle of Asti, the Broccoli Parmesan was out of this world!
Thanks SFS- please feel free to make me dinner whenever you want!

