Thursday, September 17, 2009

Giving thanks

I bought my plane ticket for Thanksgiving vacation last night, and now I can't WAIT for November 26th!

You see, a few years ago my family started a new Thanksgiving tradition. Since we live all over the place (I'm on the East coast, my brother in is college, and my folks live in the Midwest), we've started "meeting in the middle" for Thanksgiving.

In 2006, my family met in the Hamptons. The weather was amazingly warm- we played in the ocean, visited fancy shops, and had Thanksgiving dinner at a brewery!

In 2007, we met at Lake Placid NY. We visited the Olympic complex, road a bobsled, saw Stars on Ice, and marveled in the beauty of the area.

In 2008, we visited our "Neighbors to the North". Even though Canada doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, that didn't stop us from visiting Kingston ON- we explored the fort, toured the islands by boat, and road four wheelers through the woods.

Thanks for reminiscing with me- I hope you have a great day!