Monday, September 21, 2009

Mmmm... Zabar's!

Yesterday morning, SFS and I grabbed a typical New Yorker breakfast: lox and cream cheese on a bagel. (Alright- SFS had the lox... I'm not really into smoked fish... but he's working on that!) After breakfast, as we walked past Zabar's... and since it was just opening, we had to stop.

Zabar's is a gourmet grocer in Manhattan- especially famous for their smoked fish and coffee, the store has been around for over 70 years. But yesterday we were interested in something entirely different. That's right- we were there for the olives. While I like the nicoise, SFS likes the garlic-y ones. At Zabar's we can find both kinds- along with SEVERAL other varieties!
And do you know what's even better than their olives? The cheese department!
Could you just die? (Name that movie!)
Even though we got there first thing in the morning, there was already a line at the fish counter... can you believe it?
This is the coffee area. I don't even drink coffee, and this corner smells delicious!
The jam/jelly area is so cute- I love all the little jars.
And in case you buy something in the preserves aisle (I made that up), you can stop in the bakery and buy something to slather it on!
Talk about yum, right? Next time you're in town, I highly recommend stopping by... you can find it on the corner of Broadway and 80th. If you don't live in the neighborhood, you can even check out their blog!

Thank you for stopping by- I hope you had a great weekend!