But they didn't stop there- check out the amazing cake: Isn't that a great way to include the carpentry theme? And the toasted coconut looks JUST like sawdust!
The party was full of amazing food. How about some deviled eggs?
And to my DELIGHT, guess what SFS' family drinks:
That's right- I got to drink all the Vernors I wanted this weekend... I was thrilled! And to top it all off, the party was full of the most amazing food. I could only fit half of the options on my plate:
SFS was really enjoying himself- this is what happens when I try to take a close up of his plate!
As you can probably imagine, the party was a blast! SFS' family throws one heck of a party- here are some pics from the afternoon:
And as if I hadn't eaten enough, there was a table full of desserts. I am officially in love with biscotti now! And do you see those beautiful cookies on the bottom? SFS' grandma cooked every single one!
This picture cracks me up- SFS and I are flanking one of his favorite cousins! Unfortunately, the party had to come to an end.
With happy hearts (and bloated bellies), we all made our way home from the festivities. I hope SFS' grandpa had as much fun at his birthday party as I did!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Happy Birthday times TWO!
Don't worry- you aren't seeing double!
I know I mentioned that SFS and I traveled to Niagra Falls this weekend to celebrate his grandfather's birthday... but did I mention that his grandfather has a twin brother? Their families went all out to make their 80th birthday really special. Can you believe that centerpiece?
The twins had a construction business in Niagra, hence all the accoutrement in the arrangement. SFS' grandpa's brother's son-in-law is a florist, and created this amazing work.
Don't you just love all the personal touches that they incorporated?

