Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wet Wednesday...

Well, we have another day of rain here in NYC! According to my TV friends (Dave Price especially), we're supposed to have SPECTACULAR weather this weekend. They had better be correct, because I'm sorta banking on their predictions that it will be in the mid-upper 70s all weekend (maybe even 81 on Sunday)!

In the meantime, I've been sloshing around town. In my Sephora excitement yesterday, I totally forgot to mention that I took another crochet class. Monday night I took "Pattern Reading: Crochet", and learned how to read all the short-hand terms/abbreviations that I see in patterns. The class was especially fun, because the teacher gave us a pretty complicated pattern and talked us through it. Here's what I came up with:

I didn't take my good camera to class (with all the rain, I was afraid to throw it in my purse), so please excuse my little cell phone pic. While at class I also stocked up on some yarn- I have a few kooky project ideas, and there's a new baby joining our family, so I might have purchased more than one skein... or more than 5... :)

I hope you're having a good day so far! With the rain and a trip to the gym, I was running short on time during my lunch a bit ago. Lucky for me, Walgreen's is right around the corner from my gym... my $1.99 was well spent (see below)! Yay for cooking!