As you could probably tell, I've been at church most of the week. With six days of rehearsals and services, my voice is about shot... but it was SUCH a great weekend. On Saturday, we had a rehearsal in the afternoon, followed by the Easter Vigil service. In between, the church provided us with a yummy dinner, which was a very nice treat (apparently I was the only one who HADN'T heard about the meal, so nobody else was surprised). And the services on Sunday were really great- the church was packed, and except for the awkward moment in the processional when a small child unplugged the organ (which resulted in a 3 second SILENCE), the music went REALLY well. I tried to take a couple photos at church- here are some of the Easter flowers and my view of the altar:
Monday, April 13, 2009
What a weekend!
I don't usually like Mondays. Honestly, I can't imagine most people do (except people on Broadway)... after two blissful days of non-work, it's always SO hard to come back to "the grind". But I must admit... for me, the Monday after Easter is AWESOME!
As you could probably tell, I've been at church most of the week. With six days of rehearsals and services, my voice is about shot... but it was SUCH a great weekend. On Saturday, we had a rehearsal in the afternoon, followed by the Easter Vigil service. In between, the church provided us with a yummy dinner, which was a very nice treat (apparently I was the only one who HADN'T heard about the meal, so nobody else was surprised). And the services on Sunday were really great- the church was packed, and except for the awkward moment in the processional when a small child unplugged the organ (which resulted in a 3 second SILENCE), the music went REALLY well. I tried to take a couple photos at church- here are some of the Easter flowers and my view of the altar:

Although it was tiring, I'm going to miss being at church so much- especially because I'll miss my choir friends! But since Sunday is right around the corner, I won't have to wait long... :)
As you could probably tell, I've been at church most of the week. With six days of rehearsals and services, my voice is about shot... but it was SUCH a great weekend. On Saturday, we had a rehearsal in the afternoon, followed by the Easter Vigil service. In between, the church provided us with a yummy dinner, which was a very nice treat (apparently I was the only one who HADN'T heard about the meal, so nobody else was surprised). And the services on Sunday were really great- the church was packed, and except for the awkward moment in the processional when a small child unplugged the organ (which resulted in a 3 second SILENCE), the music went REALLY well. I tried to take a couple photos at church- here are some of the Easter flowers and my view of the altar:

