Thursday, April 9, 2009

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Easter really IS on the way! Not only is it warming up (the SUN is even shining), but I received all sorts of Easter goodies yesterday! SFS's folks sent me some Sees Chocolate, which is really yummy and a total treat! And my folks sent a box full of goodies, like these from Fabiano's:

Yes, Nonpareils are my favorite candy- don't ask me why! Maybe its the sprinkles? Who knows- but I really like them (you can ALWAYS find me eating Snow-Caps at the movie theater, too)! I'm so lucky to get so much candy- maybe THIS is how I get through 6 days worth of church! My parents also sent me this beautiful item:

Yes, it's a glass cake plate. My cell picture doesn't do it ANY justice, as this is just about the CUTEST cake plate I've ever seen. A while back, I told my mom that I thought it would be fun to collect cake plates (new and vintage)... boy, is she good at listening to my hints or WHAT? After Easter is over, I'm going to make a cake to put on this cutie... I'll probably steal an idea from Bakerella for that one! ;)

Yesterday's service at St. James was really nice. The more I think about it, the Tenebrae service might be one of my favorites of the WHOLE year. The "shadows" are pretty powerful, not to mention the AWESOME music that we get to sing. Case in point? Henry Purcell's Hear My Prayer, O Lord. Man, is that song awesome and totally fun to sing, btw! It's one of the songs that I want sung at my funeral. I don't mean to be morbid, and maybe it's a musician thing, but every time I hear an awesome song, I always say "I want it sung at my funeral"... at this point, there's going to have to be a week long festival to get through all the music I've earmarked so far! :) Tonight is Maundy Thursday, and although the music isn't quite as good as last night, we get to do a few good tunes... YAY! Happy Thursday!