Why did I make mini-cakes you ask? Well, I wanted to bake a little something for my co-worker's birthday, I haven't baked SFS anything in weeks, and I got a really cool new pan from the 'rents for Easter. So, I decided that Mini-Triple Chocolate Bundt Cakes were in order.
Everything started out just fine- I had all the ingredients.
The batter looked YUMMY!
I used Baker's Joy in the pan...
And the mini-cakes were ready to BAKE!
While I waited, I made some dinner (seriously, how weird is it that I crave these things?)...
And then, the moment of truth...
What is that?
Hmmmm... somehow I forgot that the batter that normally FILLS a 10-cup pan will probably MORE than fill 6-cups worth of mini-pan... this is where I totally wish that SBV's way with numbers had rubbed off on me... oh well- they still taste yummy! Plus, I sawed off the bottoms, and the chocolate drizzle/frosting that goes on top TOTALLY covered up the rough spots. My co-worker was thrilled, and I'm hoping that SFS likes 'em, too. PLUS, I finally got to break in my NEW pan, and I just love it. How cute would it be if I had a REAL sized Cathedral or Bavaria pan, and then I would make matching full-size and minis? Guess I'd better take an empty suitcase with me to Minneapolis this summer- NordicWare Factory Store, here I come! :) I hope you have a GREAT weekend!

