Monday, April 20, 2009

M.O.N.D.A.Y.

What a fun weekend! After work on Friday, I headed to the UWS to meet SFS after work. Since I get out earlier than him, I spent some time in Joan of Arc Park, drinking an iced tea and crocheting. Dorky, yes... wonderful, OH YES! I took a couple of pics on my cell, just because the sun was setting and was making everything sparkly!


Then SFS took me out to dinner at Flor de Mayo. When he said it was a Peruvian/Asian place, I had my doubts... but it was SO delicious! I had Lomo Saltado with yellow rice, and a strawberry daquiri or two. (OK- technically I ordered two, but SFS helped me with the second one!)
On Saturday, SFS and I hit Central Park. It was a REAL spring day- 70ish degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. We found an empty spot on the grass and people watched to our hearts' content. We saw at least a thousand runners/bikers whiz by, tons of cute dogs/puppies out to play, and a little boy even "relieved" himself in a bush about 15 feet away from me. What can I say? I'm glad he made it to the bush!
The services at church went well yesterday- the week after Easter is always sort of odd. The attendance goes back to normal, but the lessons still call for BIG/exultant music. We sang the "Easter Fight Song" (our nickname for the anthem "Ye Choirs of New Jerusalem"), and I have to admit that it's not a bad piece when I'm vocally rested! :)
And now it's Monday- back to the grind! I hope you're having a SUPER day!