Monday, April 27, 2009

Only a LITTLE sunburn...

Apparently Mother Nature didn't get the memo that April=Spring, because she delivered a weekend of summer weather here in NYC! All the weather(wo)men kept saying it was going to be a hot weekend, and they sure weren't kidding.

In preparation for the unseasonably hot temperatures, I did a little shopping on Friday at lunch. There's a great bargain shoe store by my office, and I picked up these flip-flops:
I thought I would buy some SoCal sandals to impress SFS- wouldn't you know that I picked out the shoes that were made in BRAZIL! Oh well- NEXT time I'll get the Reefs!

Friday evening found SFS and I hanging out with his roommate on the roof of their building. His roommate also invited their 3 year old neighbor (and his dad, of course) to play wiffle ball on the roof- and we didn't lose any balls over the side! After that excitement, we watched the sunset over New Jersey... don't worry, it was much prettier than it sounds!

In honor of the AMAZING weather, we spent most of Saturday in Central Park. There were TONS of people there, and I only got a SMIDGEN of a sunburn to show for it. And SFS bought me a red/white/blue popsicle... I might have gotten sticky fingers, but it was worth it!

After church on Sunday, I got to hang out with KS. She and I worked at the scrapbook store together in Dallas, and we met to catch up, grab some cold drinks, and enable each other's addictions. We headed over to PortraitBug, and I bought some really great stuff:
Aren't those papers great? Seeing all the new product just gets me all enthused to create things... especially all those vintage-y Jenny Bowlin goodies... I think they'll work PERFECTLY with pictures from my visit to the Flour Museum in MSP last summer! Hope you had a great weekend- Happy Monday!