Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rainy Saturday morning = HAPPINESS!

Happy Saturday! I awoke to the sound of rain outside... and since I don't have to be anywhere this morning, I couldn't be happier! I spent the morning catching up on my TiVo, watching AETV (and getting all misty-eyed when I see the "Pure Michigan" commercials every 10 minutes) and crocheting. I love to crochet, but since I'm pretty sure EVERY person in my family has already received a homemade scarf, I'd taken a break. But I recently came across a couple of organizations that have had me "hooking" with a vengeance! :)

First is Hats 4 the Homeless. This local group distributed hats/gloves/scarves to the homeless of NYC the week before Christmas. They accept donations (both store bought and homemade) all year round, and items can be mailed to:
Hats for the Homeless
905 Main Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601


I also found Knit Your Bit. This organization accepts handmade scarves, and donates them to WWII veterans. The specific directions are on the website, but the finished product can be mailed to:
The National World War II Museum
Knit Your Bit Campaign
945 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130


With these two awesome groups to donate to, I've been busy the last couple of weeks... wanna see?

Here are some of the individual scarves, up close! On this one, I tried to make a "loopy" trim... I can't WAIT to learn how do to things FOR REAL!


This one is a definite favorite- I love the big tassels! Plus, I tried a flower...


And here are a couple more:



That's about it for today. I have a rehearsal at church this afternoon, and then the Easter Vigil service this evening... I can't believe tomorrow is EASTER! I hope you have a GREAT rest of your weekend!