Do you hear the angel choirs? Has your heart rate increased since reading that one word? I don't know about you, but I just love shopping at Sephora. It's not that I'm a glamazon or anything (far from it, considering what I tend to wear as makeup), but I think that store is simply fantastic. Every kind of new, sparkly, dreamy make-up is open and available to test and try on. And not in a "I'm sneaking a stroke of nail polish at the drug store" way... but at the end of every row there is a make-up application station to assist you in your decision. PLUS, the fragrance selections surround the entire store. Even if my budget can't support my Dior obsession, a couple squirts here and there are absolutely FREE! I know there are people (some I'm related to, even) who get a headache just walking in the store, which is really very sad. But for me, a trip to Sephora is heavenly!
So imagine my delight when the stars aligned and I had to shop at Sephora last night. Yep, you read that correctly, I HAD to shop at Sephora last night! You see, I received a gift certificate from my Grandma for Easter (she knows about my little obsession with the store). And WOULDN'T you know, the next day I received an email from Sephora, notifying me of a 1 week sale of 15% off everything I purchased. Since the sale ends today, I had to make a run for it last night. But to make things even MORE exciting, I found an old gift card that I hadn't completely spent... woo hoo for $6!
So yesterday I made my way to the Sephora at Union Square (one of the 7 Sephoras that I visit on a regular basis... just to look, I swear!). First, I picked out this delish eye shadow compact. It's by Kat Von D, and it's called Ludwig (her other eye shadow compact is called Beethoven... how could I resist?). I liked it because the colors are vibrant, have a bit of shimmer, and yet aren't TOO loud to wear on a regular basis.
That was all I had planned on purchasing... and then I literally ran into a nail polish display (for real- my giant purse totally snagged on the corner of it!). Sephora recently teamed up with OPI to develop a line of nail polishes... so I got one. I know- I can't stop myself!
Luckily, I made it to the register without picking up anything else (I had to close my eyes as I walked past a giant tub of Rose Salve lip gloss tins). After I handed my BeautyPerk card to the cashier (oh come on- they're free and you get neat emails and perks) I heard this ringing. Turns out that at Sephora you get a free gift for your birthday (which is still two weeks away, for the record), and they ring a LOUD bell when it's your birthday. After the surprise (and mortification) subsided, I realized that Sephora got me a birthday present. See these pretty lip glosses? Just another reason to love this place (and their brilliant marketing ways)!
So this morning I got to wear my new makeup (I'm saving the nail polish for when I have time for a homemade mani). No one stopped me on the subway to tell me that I looked ravishing... but I know they were thinking it! :) Happy Tuesday!

