Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mmmm... sushi!

Last night SFS met me in Astoria and we went out for sushi. To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge sushi fan- this isn't a secret, nor does it deter me from eating at sushi restaurants on a regular basis. We went to Watawa Sushi, which is a small place on Ditmars, just a few blocks from my apartment. SFS always orders something fancy, and last night was no different. Check out his Spicy Roll Combo:

Dontcha just love that wasabi in motion? Meanwhile, I'm trying to expand my palate, and I order one roll. A SINGLE roll. It looks a little lame on a plate, but we're talking baby steps here, people. Plus, I only like the parts in the middle, so SFS always agrees to eat the head/tail of the Shrimp Tempura roll:

But that's not ALL I get... because I love fried rice! This place makes YUMMY veggie fried rice, with broccoli, asparagus, beans, corn, etc. DELISH!

The rest of our night was pretty low-key! SFS wasn't as into the A-List Awards as I was, so I have to catch up on some TiVo tonight! SFS and I also bought our tickets to Minneapolis/St. Paul- can't wait for our Memorial Day rendevous with my family! Happy Thursday!