Thanks for visiting my blog- I hope you have a great day!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
GreenMarket - Christmas Edition
This weekend, I stopped by the GreenMarket at Union Square to see what was going on.
Believe it or not, this outdoor market stays open all year round. I don't often visit in the winter, so I was curious what would be available. Of course there were a variety of Christmas trees (although they were kind of sad)...
And small bunches of branches for big bucks (I thought my uncle, who is a forester, would get a kick out of these prices).
There were also oodles of apples...
Crates of carrots...
Piles of potatoes (check out all those different kinds!)...
And gobs of gourds!
I had a blast walking around and checking out all the stalls- almost as much fun as I had coming up with those alliterations! I was pretty surprised not to see more Christmas-themed goods, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. But I did spot this beautiful swag which looked pretty festive to me!
So while the GreenMarket may not be the most "merry" space in NYC, it's still a pretty fun place to stop- even during the winter!
Thanks for visiting my blog- I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for visiting my blog- I hope you have a great day!

