Friday, December 3, 2010
A gaggle of geese
When I was in Michigan over the weekend, I had the opportunity to do some driving on "the back roads" of my home state. It was a beautiful drive, and as we were passing a rural pond we noticed that hundreds of geese were nonchalantly floating a few yards away from where we were driving. It was such an amazing sight that we immediately turned the car around to check it out. Once we had parked I jumped out of the driver's seat (with my camera in tow), and wouldn't you know it, but the geese started to fly away!
In the few brief moments it took me to scramble on top of a boulder, the majority of the geese were in flight.
The noise was incredible- all the wing beating and honking created quite the cacophony!
It was absolutely crazy- and everything happened in a matter of seconds...
And before I knew it the skein of geese were on their way to parts unknown!
Or so I thought...
Because a few moments later the geese started to return to the pond!
It was a pretty cool experience, watching all those geese flying about.
I'm so glad we took the "back roads" that day- what a neat thing to stumble upon!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great weekend!

