Monday, December 6, 2010
House full of holiday cheer!
When I was home during Thanksgiving, I was able to help my family decorate their house for Christmas!
I haven't been able to do that in a while, so it was really fun to get all the decorations out of the attic and put them up throughout the house!
We started with the tree, which meant unpacking lots of boxes full of ornaments.
As we got to work, I couldn't help but check out all of my ornaments... like this ball from my alma mater!
Almost all of our ornaments represent something from our lives- from trips we've taken, hobbies we're involved in... even cities/states that I've lived in!
As we unpacked and started to decorate the tree, I had a blast looking through our ornament collection and recalling why each one was special or important! For example, when I was a kid I was heavily involved in dance, so I also have quite a few ballerina ornaments.
This ornament is the first ornament I ever received- it was given as a gift to my parents before I was even born... it's still in pretty good shape, right?
We especially love this bell, because my great-grandmother made it!
And my aunt made these little booties for my first Christmas- so sweet!
These rocking horses are just a few of a collection I have from my other aunts. Every year they purchased me a new ornament from the collection, so we have quite a few rocking horses hanging throughout the tree!
As you might imagine, we've accumulated quite a few ornaments over the year, so our tree is pretty laden with decorations.
So while it might take us a while to put together (my Dad is in charge of hanging the ornaments up high because he's so tall)...
The finished product is worth all that hard work!
But the tree is only a small part of our family's holiday decorations!
My mom has a cute collection of smiley snowmen...
And they also have a beautiful winter village that we set up in the dining room.
Isn't it a lovely addition for the holidays?
Thank you for joining me on this little tour throughout our family's decorations- I hope you have a great day!!
Labels:
christmas,
December,
decorating,
decorations,
Family,
holiday,
Michigan

