Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Urban art

This weekend, SFS and I walked by this interesting building. From this view, it looks pretty average, right?
Now, see it out at street level... check out all that GRAFFITI!
There was so much to look at along the side of the building. From big symbols...
To artwork glued to the facade...
(Coney Island anyone?)...
Or even a tiny, little heart!
As we checked out the tags, I realized I had no idea what most of them said!
Which makes me nervous that I'm inadvertently advertising gang symbols on my blog... so if that's the case, I'm sorry!
Check out this face:
Or this cute cloud!
But of all the neat things painted on that building, this was my favorite...
Maybe I've been living in NYC too long... but this looks like an amazing piece of art to me!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great Tuesday!