With the Super Bowl this weekend, I've been inundated with football all week long. So, I thought I'd make a little snack (or two) that would be perfect for a party on Sunday. The first thing I attempted was a
Football Deviled Egg- I saw something like it on the
Internet earlier, and I thought I'd give it a try. Here's what I started with:

I put some of the eggs into a pot to boil. When they were done cooking, I put placed them in a strainer in the 'fridge to cool.

While I waited for the eggs to cool down, I tried playing around with some bread. I started with a slice and a
serrated knife.

Then I cut the slice into a football shape. (If you have a football shaped cookie cutter, that would be even
BETTER!)

Then, using the end of the knife, I made an indentation in the bread to resemble the look of the football laces.

When I was done, I popped that baby in the toaster.

And when it came out, it looked like this:

Kind of cute, right? Wouldn't these be adorable for a little BLT sandwich? Or with at breakfast for a
game day feast? I plan on eating them with hummus- YUM!

Also, can I show you something I snagged the other day? These were only 99 cents at one of my favorite stores... won't they be perfect during football season next fall?

But back to the eggs!

I cracked them...

Peeled them...

Sliced 'em and popped the yokes into my mini-food processor.

To make the Deviled Egg filling, I use a combination of yellow mustard and Miracle Whip... I'm quite the gourmet, don't you agree?

Oh, and can I show you this cute little tray? It fits 24 Deviled Eggs! I didn't fill it up (since it would fall to me to eat all the eggs, and that would be gross), but you get the idea!

So I added the yoke mixture to a piping bag, and started filling the halves. (By the way, taking a picture of myself doing this was
very difficult- who knew?)

And in no time at all, I had all the eggs filled!

Aren't they cute with the little swirls?

So here are the finished products for a football-themed snack. I used pieces of green onion and chive to make the laces on the deviled eggs, an the hummus is on the right for dipping the football toast!

So there you have it: some snack ideas for game day! Do you have any plans for the
big game on Sunday? Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!!