Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Mesa Grill
Have I mentioned how much I love Restaurant Week? We had another wonderful meal last weekend when SFS' friends were in town. We ate at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill.
Have you ever been to this eatery just west of Union Square? I was excited to try one of Bobby Flay's restaurants- isn't it nice inside?
Our meal started out with yummy little rolls.
A whole basket of them, in fact!
And a few minutes later, our signature cocktails arrived. SFS had a premium margarita...
And I had a Fresca Margarita (tequila + grapefruit soda + lime juice)- it was AMAZING!!
For my meal, I started with SOPHIE’S CHOPPED SALAD (with Her Own Special Dressing + Crispy Tortillas). It was chunks of cheese, veggies, beans, olives, and tortilla chips.
SFS ordered the spicy salmon tartare on a warm hominy cake. I didn't try the tartare (shocker), but the hominy cake was nice.
SFS' friend ordered the BBQ duck taco, and was kind enough to take a picture of it for me- what a good sport!
And before long, our entrees showed up. Here's a deep fried/stuffed poblano pepper.
SFS' friend also ordered the PORK TENDERLOIN (with Bourbon-Ancho Chile Sauce + Sweet Potato Tamale with Crushed Pecan Butter). Isn't it pretty?
Meanwhile, the rest of the table chose the SIXTEEN SPICE CHICKEN (with Roasted Garlic-Mango Sauce + Buttermilk-Chive Mashed Potatoes). The chicken was perfect (and de-boned), and the potatoes were heavenly!
After we'd enjoyed our fabulous meals, it was time for dessert. We tried the pineapple upside down cake with caramelized rum sauce + pineapple ice cream...
As well as the peanut butter and chocolate flan- it tasted just like a giant Reese's cup!
As you can tell, we enjoyed another wonderful restaurant week meal, thanks to Mesa Grill. If you'd like to visit this restaurant yourself, it's located on 5th Avenue between 15th and 16th Street. Thank you for visiting my blog- I hope you have a great day!

