Thursday, February 18, 2010

They say its your birthday...

I would like to interrupt my regularly scheduled posts about NYC, the last thing I made in my kitchen, and any number of craft projects to tell you a little story:

Twenty three years ago, I became a big sister. (Don't worry- I didn't suffer from pediatric acne or anything... I had chickenpox after my brother was born... don't you have a lot of sympathy for my parents?)

From the first time I saw my brother at the hospital, I thought he was the greatest little guy. (Who loves my dad's muscle tank?)

He was funny... And I loved hanging out with him!
(Please ignore my sweatshirt- you can blame that on my grandparents. And that chair? It's sitting in my kitchen right now- only its red!)

And while he might have been an imp once in a while... (As for my brother's hair? It was like that for years! No matter how many products or brushes my poor mom tried, his spiky 'do' was always out of control!)

He was also one of the sweetest little kids ever! And you know what? Not much has changed... except that the little kid I once knew has become a GROWN UP! And he's funny, smart, and the best brother I could ever ask for! So....
Happy Birthday SBV, from the best big sister you'll ever have!