Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My blogging blind date

Have you ever gone on a blogging blind date?
That's what I did the other night. Since starting this blog last year, I've connected with some lovely people in the blogging world, including Sue. While she lives in Vancouver, her job and adventures take her all over the world... and she shares all her lovely photos on her blogs (here and here). And though we had never met in person, after seeing reading her blogs for months, I felt like I knew her! So the other day, Sue was going to have a few hours free in the city... so we met up for dinner with some folks from her crew. And boy, did we have fun! We headed to Ruchi, a yummy little Indian restaurant in the Financial District. Of course, being the responsible blogger that I am, I failed to charge the battery on my camera... so these lovely photos are all thanks to Sue and her fancy camera lenses!
We started our meal with Bhel Puri, which is an assortment of crisp rice and noodles with potatoes, onions and tomatoes with a sweet and tangy sauce. Interesting, right? And let me tell you... it was YUMMY!
We also shared some Vegetable samosas.
After we polished those off, we moved onto the entrees: Goan Shrimp, Chicken Makhani/Butter Chicken, Keema Mutter, and Saag Paneer.
Talk about a tasty dinner- I was in curry heaven!!
And of course we had some rice...
And fresh naan!
In no time at all, we had plowed through our meals...
And I stopped short of licking my plate... and only because it was the first time Sue was meeting me and I was trying to make a good impression... next time, all bets are off!
We had a wonderful evening- full of laughter and good food!
And do you know what else? Sue brought me a treat from Vancouver:
That's right- an official pair of mittens from the Vancouver Olympics!
I loved seeing these on TV the past week, so imagine my delight at actually having a pair to wear!
Thanks again Sue- can't wait to get together next time you're in town!

And for everyone else, if you'd like to check out Ruchi for yourself, it's at 120 Cedar Street between Greenwich and Trinity Place in the Financial District. Thanks for stopping by- I hope you're having a great Tuesday!