Friday, February 12, 2010

GREAT and GROSS

When SFS' friends were in town last weekend, we stopped by Chelsea Market. And while I've shared lots of photos from this amazing shopping spot, but these are brand new. So please bear with me as I show you something GREAT... and something GROSS!

First, the GREAT: a Jacques Torres booth!
Have you ever tried this amazing chocolate?
This man makes the most amazing creations...
And they're all packaged in the coolest containers!
From hot chocolate...
To candy corn...
To my all-time favorite: cocoa covered almonds!
Not bad, right? So that's why I have such a hard time with SFS' favorite part of the market:
Yes... the seafood store! Did you know that the lovely folks there sell fresh oysters, and offer to shuck them for you for a mere 10 cents each? AND, they'll place them on a container of ice with a few lemon wedges, to enjoy at your leisure.
It's pretty much SFS' favorite thing about the place! So last weekend, he and his buddy each selected a few half shells and got to work. After separating them from the shell...
They gulped 'em right down!
Pretty GROSS, right?
So there you have it- the greatest and grossest part of our afternoon at Chelsea Market! I hope you have a wonderful weekend- thanks for stopping by!