Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flippers and fins

The other day, when SFS and I had some free time in Chinatown, we wandered around and came upon this store. See all those orange things in the front window? Yep- they're goldfish!
This was one of the craziest fish stores I've ever seen- rows upon rows of tanks and aquariums, each filled with the most exotic looking fish.
And along the outer walls of the store, there were huge ponds full of koi.
Each tank was separated by fish size: the bigger the Koi, the more expensive!
And towards the front of the store were the large, even more expensive fish.
This guy was could've been mine for just under $300!
Unfortunately, those are the only pictures I have to share with you- the owner preferred that I not take any more pictures... but let me tell you, that fish store was crazy! Oh- and can you believe there was even a fish "ON SALE" for $800?! I couldn't believe it! We had fun looking around, even though I was terrified a fish would jump out of tank and touch me. (And while I know this fear to be mostly irrational, fish have been known to jump out of their tanks- and that makes me so nervous!)

If you'd like to check out this store, it's located on the corner of Broome and Mott Street. Thanks for visiting my blog- I hope you have a great day!!