Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW DAY in NYC!

When I woke up yesterday, this is what my backyard looked like:
I had a snow day yesterday- can you believe it? The Mayor of NYC cancelled the public schools (which happens VERY rarely), which prompted Juilliard to close! So yesterday, I got to work from home! I took a little break around lunch time to run an errand... this is what my street looked like then:
I took a short cut through the local playground... it was deserted!
I took a minute and shot a few pictures...
It was so peaceful and serene...
Which are two words that don't usually describe NYC playgrounds!
It was so odd!
The snow was pretty constant, and I was so glad I could just go home and put on my slippers!
So while snow days are exciting for kiddos who get to stay home from school...
I think they're even more fun for grown-ups who get to stay home from work!
I hope you're having a wonderful day- thanks for stopping by!