Thursday, February 25, 2010

Makin' muffins...

The other day, I was feeling guilty for neglecting my kitchen... so, I decided to whip up some Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins. I started with this tasty group of ingredients: Here's a little montage of the components- don't you love my new salt pig? SFS spotted it when we were out and about a few weekends ago, and I'm thrilled with it!
After everything was measured, I started mixing.
While the Kitchen Aid did her thing (yeah, mine's a girl), I turned my attention to the blueberries.
Aren't they pretty? They tasted pretty good, too!
Now, the recipe requires that you add the rest of the ingredients, alternating between the the dry and sour cream...
Before gently folding in the blueberries.
But before I go any further, I have to show you the muffin cups I used:
Don't you just LOVE that plaid? I couldn't resist picking up a container of these when I passed them in the grocery store!
But back to the task at hand. After I placed the liners in my muffin tin, I proceeded to make a huge mess by attempting to take a photo whilst pouring the batter!
But it was worth it...
Because that batter baked up into these sweet little muffins!
Aren't they cute?
I'll admit it- I'm a weak soul, and I couldn't stop myself from tearing off the muffin liner...
And diving right in! Now tell me- doesn't that look scrumptious? (And yes- I might of massacared the rest of the muffin in order to photograph the perfect forkfull... anything for my blog!)
If you'd like to try these muffins yourself, here's the recipe:
Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
2 whole Eggs
1 cup Sugar
½ cups Vegetable Oil
½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
¼ teaspoons Almond Extract
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ teaspoons Baking Soda
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Blueberries
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and prepare your muffin pan. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda, and set aside. In your mixer, beat your eggs on medium-low and gradually add in sugar. Then slowly add in the oil and extracts. Alternately add in the flour and sour cream until all combined and then gently fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes.
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a great Thursday!