Friday, February 19, 2010

Bar marche

When SFS' buddies were in town a few weekends ago, we visited Bar marché.
It's this really intimate restaurant in SoHo, which tin roofs and chandeliers encased in Lucite boxes.
Yeah, I'm not sure why that is, either... but there you have it! First we ordered some cocktails, I had a glass of sangria.
Then the waiter brought this over: a dish full of hummus and veggies, instead of the traditional basket of rolls/bread. Isn't that a nice alternative? And since I LOVE hummus, I was stoked. (NOTE: I know you can't really tell WHAT that is... but those green things are the ends of the celery sticks...)
To start, SFS ordered some Tortilla Soup.
And his roommate had Almond Stuffed Dates, with crisp bacon, blue cheese & herbal greens.
And his buddy had Bruschetta Du Jour, which was toasted country bread topped with arugula & balsamic reduction.
For an entree, I ordered the Classic Cheeseburger & Frites (grass-fed beef with cheddar). I know- I came all the way to a fancy restaurant for a cheeseburger, but it sure was good!
And SFS' buddy got Steak Frites (Creekstone Farm hanger steak, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions & chimichurri sauce).
While SFS ordered Seared Sea Scallops over blue cheese polenta & a demi-glaze sauce.
We had an amazing night, and were definitely a riotous crowd at our corner table. If you ever have a hankering to check this place out, you can find it on the Corner of Spring Street and Elizabeth Street.
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have an amazing weekend!!