Monday, February 1, 2010
T Salon
My family was in town this weekend, and boy did we have a blast visiting all sorts of places throughout Manhattan! One of our stops included Chelsea Market; I blogged about their awesome stores a couple months ago- check out that post here. But one of the stores I failed to show you was T Salon.
It's a wonderful tea store- not only do they have an incredible assortment of teas...
But it's also the first sustainable tea bar/cafe/market in the world!
The floors and shelving are all made of bamboo, and all the packaging is made using recycled materials and soy ink. Even the concrete counter tops are stained with tea to create that pretty color!
But the coolest feature is the light fixture- it was made by an artist out of recycled tea bags!!
And while the store was really cool, the experience was even better because I was there with my Dad...
My brother...
And my Mom!
As for our tea, it was scrumptious! Everything is served on snazzy bamboo trays, so when you're done with your tea bag, you just place them on the tray to be recycled!
Talk about a hot treat on a cold day!
If you ever want to visit T Salon, you can find it in Chelsea Market, located at 16th Street and 9th Avenue. Thank you for visiting my blog- I hope you have a great day!!

