Friday, October 30, 2009

When ghosts and goblins by the score, ring the bell on your front door...

Remember when SFS and I went to pick out our pumpkins? We waited until this week to carve them, which might have been a mistake. SFS' pumpkin rotted, while I left mine too close to the radiator, and the side got a little roasted. Wooops, right? But don't worry, at least one side of the pumpkin looked okay.

I made the first cut...
And since SFS' pumpkin didn't survive, he helped me clean out mine.
We made quick work of the gourd, and took a few pictures along the way.
We saved the seeds, because what's more delicious than fresh roasted pumpkin seeds?
After SFS cleaned them, he spread them on a pan, and added some salt and pepper.
Here's a closer look:
A little while later, this is what we got to enjoy.
Let me tell you- they were delicious! A salty, crunchy bite of yumminess!
Oh yeah- while SFS was roasting, I got to design and carve the pumpkin.
But you probably would have figured that out even if I didn't tell you, right?
I hope you have a wonderful Halloween weekend!!

*I couldn't resist using a lyric from an old Disney movie in my title. In full it goes: When ghosts and goblins by the score / ring the bell on your front door / you better not be stingy or / your nightmares will come true. Thanks for visiting my blog!