As is the case with many stores in NYC, this Michael's was built into the basement of a new apartment complex, so after a little ride down the escalator... I came upon a cave of wonders (I know- I'm being totally dorky, but this is SO exciting! Up until this point, the closest Michael's was way out in Queen's, and getting there would take me over an hour each way!)
Being the scrapper that I am, my first stop was the Martha Stewart craft aisle. They had so much more product than I'm used to seeing- I was a little overwhelmed, but in a REALLY good way!
Of course, the next stop on my trip was the yarn area. I love buying yarn- I always feel so enthused to start new projects when I feel all the lovely textures and see all the alluring colors!
As I wandered around, I couldn't help but take pictures. Like the ribbon wall- isn't it wonderful?
And with a baking aisle like this, I won't have to horde my melting chocolate for Bakerella-esque desserts.
Now don't worry- I didn't go nuts by buying Christmas decorations... but I might have been a little tempted... can you blame me?
And the paints... think of all the wonderful things I could do with these... if only I could learn how to paint...
The store had these mini-shopping-carts, which I filled up in NO time!
Okay- so maybe I filled it up with my giant purse... but that still counts! This is what I came away with- quite modest, wouldn't you say?
And as if shopping in a brand new craft store wasn't amazing, I got to catch up with my friend KS. She creates the most amazing cards, projects, and layouts. I was so thrilled that we got to chat and shop (but mostly chat) for a while!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my excitement- I hope you have a great Thursday!

