For the first course, I ordered the Baby Beet Salad- it also included slices of tangerines and goat cheese. Can you tell that there were 3 different kinds of beets in that salad? It was drizzled with a lemon vinaigrette... simply delish!
SFS went a different direction, and got the Organic Salmon Tartare, complete with Old Chatham's sheep's milk yogurt and beet scented potato chips. Yeah... and that was just the first course!
For the entree, I chose the Pancetta wrapped Pork Tenderloin. It came with sauteed swiss chard and roasted figs. I don't order pork very often, so this was a real treat. Plus, the swiss chard was incredible- I've been googling recipes for it ever since! SFS chose the Braised Short Ribs, on top of potato puree and roasted vegetables. But there was more... do you see what's on top of the beef?
Yeah... it's foie gras. On principal, I'm against it... but after watching chefs add it to everything on Top Chef, I was curious. So I tried it...
... and...
I kind of liked it! Mind you, I had the tinniest bite... but it wasn't half bad. Maybe Ton Colicchio is onto something!
And if that wasn't enough to make you drool... check out what we ordered for dessert. I went with the Profiteroles, which were filled with homemade vanilla ice cream, and smothered in chocolate sauce and almonds. SFS ordered the yummiest Dark Chocolate Torte, which came with a scoop of marscapone cheese. I have to figure out how to make that!
As you can see, it was a really wonderful evening! Thanks for everything SFS!
I don't know about you, but now I'm really hungry! I hope you have a great day- thanks for stopping by!

