Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Friendly... and furry!

Remember how SFS and I went to the farm last weekend?
We picked up some pumpkins, went on a hayride, and drank hot cider... it was great! And you know what made the day even better? All the furry friends we made along the way!
Like this precious little guy!
We wanted to hang out with even more creatures, so we bought a little bucket of hay.
SFS' first little friend was really aggressive- and when he stood on the fence, he was pretty tall!!
We loved this guy- he was reaching for the hay bucket with all his might!
Meanwhile, my favorite was the little guy... he was more patient, and just about the sweetest thing I'd ever seen. What do you think the zoning laws are for keeping goats in a residential NYC neighborhood?
By the end, SFS had been convinced that the hay bucket would make the perfect feed bag!
So perfect, in fact, that he wanted to try some as well!
But there were more than just goats to visit. SFS caught this flock of pigeons on the roof of the barn...
While down the lane, we caught up with some ducks... And chickens, too!
In a paddock on the other side of the farm, we caught up with the horses.
SFS didn't know me as a child, so I tried to explain my equine obsession...
He listened very patiently... and waited even more patiently as I snapped a million photos!
And a few feet away, we saw these fellas:
Oh my gosh- how precious are they?
I loved their curly bangs- doesn't it make you think they have an 'attitude'? Like they're too cool for school?
And to top it all off, guess what was in the same paddock?
That's right- cows! SFS was justifiably excited!
We guessed that Felicia was the new one- we especially liked her earrings! Plus, she was super friendly and came right up to us for a head scratch and some hay!
After we explored the farm, we found a spot to sit down and enjoy our BBQ dinner. I thought the sun was nice, and SFS was good enough to pose for me!
Maybe more than once, even...
Don't worry- I reciprocated!
But it's hard to compete with this!
That's it for our day at the farm- thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a GREAT Tuesday!