Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Meet my meatloaf
The other day SFS came over and made me Broccoli Parmesan, the food of his people. So last night, I made him the dinner of my people... meatloaf! Ok, just kidding on the food of my people part... but I really did make meatloaf. Here's what I started with:
I chopped up half an onion...
Then I crushed up a tube of crackers...
Then I added two pounds of beef (I know- this recipe is not complicated!)...
And finally I added 2 eggs.
Now, please avert your eyes if you're a vegetarian... because this part is a little graphic. I took all the ingredients and mushed them up together. With my hands. Gross, I know!
After everything was combined, I packed it into a loaf shape on a tinfoil-lined pan, before popping it into the oven at 350 degrees.
While that was baking, I tried a little idea PW showed the other day.
I wrapped up red potatoes with rosemary and a little butter in a tinfoil envelope. I know- this post is all about the tinfoil. Don't worry- I'm not being sponsored by Reynolds Wrap or anything (much to my dismay!).
I threw those babies in the oven with the meatloaf and turned my attention to the carrots.
After peeling and slicing, I threw 'em in a pot of water.
While I waited for it to come to a boil, I headed to my garden. I know- it's totally out of control!
So I picked some basil...
And chopped it up.
When the carrots were soft, I added them to the basil along with a little butter. I don't have a picture of that, so here's a picture of me testing the softness of a carrot instead.
After a while, the potatoes were done. Let me tell you- they were AMAAAAAZING! And so fragrant!
A few minutes later, the meatloaf was done, too!
So here you go, my finished dinner, complete with vegetables...
And some YUMMY meatloaf!
Thank you so much for stopping by- I hope you have a GREAT day!

