Friday, October 2, 2009

Farm fresh

This is where I exit the subway on my way to work every morning. Most days of the week, it's just another busy corner.
But on Thursdays, the Farmer's Market comes to town!
There are all sorts of delectable delights... from heirloom tomatoes...
To pumpkins just PERFECT for a pie or two.
The mums remind me that it's fall... though the chilly weather helps a bit, too!
I really like this farm's stand... they have all sorts of different apples.
With all the fruits and veggie crates, it's easy to forget that you're on a busy corner on the Upper West Side!
It's got to be quite a deal for the farmers- I can't imagine who can head through this area on the way to work and NOT buy something!
But don't worry- if fruit isn't your thing, there are LOTS of other things to tempt your palate.
I might have walked away with some cinnamon sugar donuts...
And boy, were my coworkers pleased with that! Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great weekend!