Monday, November 15, 2010

Sunday = FUN DAY!

Yesterday was a really fun (and busy) Sunday. I took my camera phone with me everywhere- want to see what I did?

First up, I went to church.
Yesterday was a big deal at church- we celebrated the bicentennial and in addition to over 30 clergy members in attendance, we welcomed the presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church... it was really fun!
And that fun was compounded when I found out that I got to sit in the pew closest to the organ- I love watching the organists play the pedals on the fast pieces (it's quite a show)!
After church I headed uptown to another church.
A friend of mine was performing in an off-off-off Broadway show in the church's basement.
I'm really glad I could be there to support my friend!
After that it was back across town to attend the Richard Tucker Gala at Avery Fisher Hall.
The hall was packed to the gills with people- it was quite a sight!
But once everything calmed down and the program began, I was in heaven! The event featured performances by: PAVOL BRESLIK, FERRUCCIO FURLANETTO, ELİNA GARANČA, MARCELLO GIORDANI, BRANDON JOVANOVICH, SIMON KEENLYSIDE, ANGELA MEADE, ANNA NETREBKO, LISETTE OROPESA, DEBORAH VOIGT, and JAMES VALENTI (who was the Richard Tucker Award winner for 2010). It was an incredible evening of music featuring some of my favorite arias (hello "È la solita storia del pastore") and a surprise appearance by Susan Graham!
Now you can see why Sunday = FUN DAY for me... talk about a great day full of exciting performances! I hope you had a good weekend as well- thank you for visiting!