Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Detroit: Eastern Market
My little brother recently moved to Detroit, so this weekend my family spent the day with him in his new digs, which included a visit to the Eastern Market early Saturday morning.
As their website announces: Eastern Market is a six-block public market that has been feeding Detroit since 1891, and every Saturday it is transformed into a vibrant marketplace with hundreds of open-air stalls.
This was my first time visiting the market, and I can easily admit that I'm hooked- if I lived any closer this would become a weekly destination!
The vendors at the market sold all sorts of items- and all at extremely reasonable prices!
Don't believe me? Check out these rows of grave blankets- and that's only the beginning!
(Oh- and the market spans indoor and outdoor areas, which I was very thankful for due to the chilly Michigan weather...)
As we wandered among the stalls I couldn't help but stare at these buckets full of Michigan apples- talk about beautiful!
And as I often do, I also stopped to take photos of various details throughout the market, including this posted license.
There were several vendors selling a variety of seasonal greens and berries- just looking down this row made me excited for the holidays!
And this booth, just down the aisle, lured me in with their seas of poinsettias!
There were so many amazing things to look at and purchase at the Eastern Market (even if I couldn't always identify what they were)...
I can't wait to go back!
Thank you for visiting- I hope you have a great day!

