Thursday, November 11, 2010

The second floor

I've talked about my church job a few times before...
I've even shown some pictures of the beautiful sanctuary at my church (like here and here).
But I don't think I've ever shown the music floor! Since I'm a staff musician, I spend the majority of my "church hours" here.
Most of the time I'm rehearsing of practicing in here. This is our lovely choir room- it's large, bright, and VERY "live" (which means that when we sing loud, boy does it sound good).
Just down the hall is the folder cabinet, where we each keep our folders full of scores for the services.
(That's mine right there- #10!)
I like this part of the church because everything revolves around music. From the "then and now" photos of the choir on adjoining walls...
To the reproduction folios framed in the restroom!
But the best part of the music floor (believe it or not) is the robing room. This is where I get to throw on a vestment and cassock over whatever I'm wearing a look perfectly pristine for any matter of services- it's fantastic!
So there you have it- a tour of the music floor at my church! Now you know where I spend my Sundays and other Holy days!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great week!