Friday, October 8, 2010
Practice makes perfect
I want to become a better painter!
It's true- I'm not very good at the moment! Both of my parents can paint beautifully and I desperately want to learn that skill. But there's no way I'm going to improve without a little practice, right? So the other day I picked up some supplies and applied the old adage: practice makes perfect!
Now, I know myself well enough to know that I accomplish a lot more with a project in mind. So I grabbed some coasters at my local dollar store with the idea that I could make my living room a little more festive for the coming holiday.
And a short while later, I had a nice little stack of Halloween-themed coasters for my end table. (Though I would like to point out that there were six coasters in the package and only four are photographed below- the other two did not warrant a permanent place on the internet!)
After that practice, I wanted to try painting on fabric. So I picked up a package of these cute little bags and got to work.
See? (Oh- and have you picked up on my "trick"? I like to paint a portion of an object, because I don't have to contend with symmetry problems and there's way less room for error!)
Want to see the finished product? I painted these little bags for the newest members of our family.
And while I have a lot to improve upon in terms of painting skill, I sure am having fun during the learning process!
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a great weekend!

