On Saturday I got up bright and early...

And made my way down to SoHo for a little shopping excursion.

You see, my coworker has been telling me about this jewelry designer she came across a few years ago. So she took me to
The Market.

The market is actually an old gymnasium full of artisans from all over NYC.

And while this photo is a terrible representation, the designer we were there to visit had an amazing table full of beautiful treasures!

Of course I left with a tiny bag full of accessories- want to see what I took home? The first thing I picked out were these earrings. My family loves ginkgo trees, so when I saw these I immediately added them to my pile. Not only were they reasonably priced ($4 with the "friend" discount thanks to my co-worker's relationship with the designer), but they were eco-friendly! The designer dismantled the leaves from a pair of gaudy, vintage clip-on earrings she found. Then she soldered and hammered them into these sparkly little numbers- aren't they fun and season appropriate?

I also nabbed these, which I lovingly refer to as "the kidney earrings".

How about these dangle-y babies?

Aren't the striations on the medallions interesting?

And while I had planned on purchasing
only earrings, I couldn't resist this ring.

Isn't it fun?

But my favorite find of the day was this pair- aren't they perfect?

I just love that color- especially with a bit of back light!

As you can tell, I had a pretty productive weekend, jewelry-wise!

If you're ever in SoHo, I highly recommend stopping by Jennifer's table- you won't regret it!

Thank you for visiting- I hope you have a great weekend!