Believe it or not, I had never been to Columbus, OH before this past weekend! So before my cousin's wedding I was thrilled to explore a small part of the city with my family! We started in
German Village, which as the website states:
German Village is a historic neighborhood just south of downtown Columbus, Ohio. It was settled by a large number of German immigrants in the mid 1800s, who at one time comprised as much as a third of the population of the entire city. On December 30, 1974, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
We began the morning at
Juergen's German Bakery.

This traditional German bakery serves an assortment of regional delights along with an extensive array of homemade baked goods.

We grabbed a seat near the window, and while my family attended to their cups of coffee I turned my attention to a glass of iced tea.

As we waited for our food to arrive, I couldn't help but admire the variety of decorations throughout the restaurant. (I'm not exactly sure what this is, but I like all the copper!)

We were having a grand ol' time around the breakfast table- it's so nice spending time with the family!

But before we knew it, a whole slew of goodies had arrived to the table.

And while this tray of breads looked yummy, I couldn't resist grabbing a piece of the "pretzel" bread- I could eat that stuff for DAYS!

A few minutes later this plate of pastries arrived.

And while I was enamored with the pumpkin cookie on the bottom, my brother particularly liked the container of whipped cream!

And to top it all off, we had eggs, too! I chose plain ol' scrambled with a side of home fries...

While my dad was a little more adventurous with his German omelet and brat. (Oh- and dontcha just love those slices of banana on the side?)

As you can tell, we had a wonderful time at Juergen's! If you're ever in the neighborhood, it's worth a trip- even if you just pick up a bag of treats in the bakery! (
Juergen's German Bakery: 525 S 4th St., Columbus, OH 43206, (614) 224-6858)Thank you for visiting- I hope you have a great day!