Monday, May 24, 2010

Ridin' the rails...

This weekend, I took a little train trip.
That's right- I took a visit to Cold Spring, NY!
I had only visited this lovely little town in the fall, so I was looking forward to seeing what it was like this time of year...
And let me tell you- I wasn't disappointed!
I happened to visit on a particularly beautiful day...
The sun was shining, and there was a slight breeze coming off the Hudson River.
I started my visit at the town's gazebo...
It's right on the water, so I stopped to take some photos of the river, including this kayak-er...
And a couple local fisherman!
I walked along the river for a while...
Until I found a perfectly shady spot to read a book!
After I had read a few chapters and photographed some of the local flora...
I headed back into town.
I know I've mentioned this before, but I love this little village!
The Main Street is absolutely picturesque!
Oh- and did I mention that it is lined with antique stores?
I had a grand time digging through all sorts of treasures...
I even took home this adorable salt and pepper shaker set- my collection was certainly lacking a set of luster whales!
I had such a wonderful trip to Cold Spring! But after a fun afternoon up state, eventually it was time to take the train back to NYC.
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you had a wonderful weekend!